- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Adviser
- Online and accelerated
- Apply knowledge and skills immediately
- Key focus on human diversity, inclusion and respect
- Start anytime – intakes are open every 2 months
The University of Canberra’s Graduate Diploma in Counselling further develops your counselling skills with practical, in-person experience, support and feedback from academics. The course will extend and expand your counselling skills and deepen your knowledge and theoretical understanding of trauma, loss and grief, and its impact on people's lives.
- 8 units | 7 weeks each
- 16 months part-time*
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Oct
- $3,212.50 per unit, FEE-HELP available
- *Dependent on individual study path and unit availability. Please speak to a Student Advisor for more information.
The University of Canberra is an ambitious university for ambitious people.
The University takes pride in designing online courses that are practical, supported and accelerated. Our courses are truly flexible and inclusive, ensuring you are connected to an inspiring community of teachers and learners anywhere, anytime.
Ranked in the top 5 universities in Australia for learner engagement, skills development and student support.1
Top 10 university in Australia1
#2 young university in Australia1
¹Times Higher Education, 2021
Build on the foundations of counselling
Acquire a critical understanding of human diversity and the major models of counselling that will strengthen your capability to work in a range of social and cultural contexts.
Respectful approach to counselling
Develop the knowledge on how to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and identities.
A Student Success Adviser is allocated to support you throughout your study journey, right from enrolment through to graduation.