- Developed to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS) governed by the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)
- Professional and globally recognised Master of Social Work degree so you can work within Australia or internationally
- Learn from social work practitioners who are actively involved in the industry
- Immediately apply your learnings into practice through field education placements
- Experience dedicated support at every stage
- Start anytime and study social work online – intakes are open every 2 months
The online Master of Social Work (Qualifying) is a professionally and globally recognised degree governed by the AASW and is designed for those wanting to move into social work practice and become a professional social worker.
This accessible, flexible and accelerated course provides students with the specialised knowledge, skills and experience to meet the complex and evolving needs of people, communities and the environments in which they live.
By learning through case scenarios, simulated settings and in-person intensive components, you will be able to immediately apply your learnings from the online Master of Social Work (Qualifying) to practice across a diverse range of fields and community settings.
- 6 coursework units + 4 intensive units | 7 weeks each | 1 study block each
- 2 field education placement units | up to 24 weeks each | 3 study blocks each
- 32-36 months part-time*
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Oct
- $3,400 per coursework and intensive unit^, $10,200 per field education placement unit^
- *Dependent on individual study path and unit availability. Please speak to a Student Adviser for more information. ^2023 indicative fees are listed here. Find out more on our Fees page.
The University of Canberra is an ambitious university for ambitious people.
The University takes pride in designing online courses that are practical, supported and accelerated. Our courses are truly flexible and inclusive, ensuring you are connected to an inspiring community of teachers and learners anywhere, anytime.
#1 in Canberra for overall experience (Postgraduate), teaching quality (Postgraduate), skills development and student support 1
The University of Canberra is in the top 28% of universities in the world.2
1Good University Guide 2024