When you’re equipped with the right legal skills, and you’ve developed diverse and inclusive advocacy abilities, you can do more for those who need your help.
- Understand legal fundamentals
- Develop practical dispute resolution skills
- Learn about justice in disruptive industries
- Complete a research-based project and law internship
- Study online around your life and work
- Experience support at every stage
Gain the power to make a difference as an ethical legal professional.
The law is a fundamental part of our society, from the rules that govern us to the rights that protect us. Learn the legal fundamentals, advanced advocacy skills and practical problem-solving strategies for a changing world with the University of Canberra online Juris Doctor.
- 24 units | 7 weeks each
- 4 years part-time*
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Oct
- $3,862.50 per unit^,FEE-HELP available
- *Dependent on individual study path and unit availability. Please speak to a Student Adviser for more information. ^2023 indicative fees are listed here. Find out more on our Fees page.
The University of Canberra is an ambitious university for ambitious people.
Our practical, supported and accelerated online courses are designed to deliver outcomes that create real impact and inspire real change in the world around us. UC postgraduate courses are not only delivered online – they are career-relevant and designed for demand so you can apply your learning faster.
#1 in ACT for graduate employment1
#2 young university in Australia2
¹Good Universities Guide, 2021 ²Times Higher Education, 2021
Gain the foundations in legal studies to develop diverse and inclusive advocacy abilities and legal skills, while understanding the theory and history of law.
Problem prevention problem solving
Learn practical legal problem-solving and dispute resolution skills, including evaluating responses to legal issues and solutions to legal problems.
Manage new worlds of technology, business and justice
Discover how the law engages with and shapes disruptive technologies, and understand the profession's broader social and economic contexts.
Flexible work-integrated learning
As a student, you'll have the flexibility to build a course that aligns with your professional goals, with opportunities to apply your knowledge throughout the course.