When you’re equipped with the right legal skills, and you’ve developed diverse and inclusive advocacy abilities, you can do more for those who need your help.
- Study foundational legal units
- Understand legal fundamentals
- Develop practical dispute resolution skills
- Study online around your life and work
- Experience support at every stage
Ground your development as a socially responsible and ethical professional. The law is a fundamental part of our society, from the rules that govern us to the rights that protect us. With an online Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the University of Canberra, you can learn the legal fundamentals, advocacy skills and practical problem-solving strategies for a changing world.
- 8 units | 7 weeks each
- From 16 months part-time^
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Oct
- $3,750* per unit, FEE-HELP available
- ^Exact course length will be dependent on selected electives and their availability, please speak to a Student Enrolment Adviser for more information.
The University of Canberra is an ambitious university for ambitious people.
Our practical, supported and accelerated online courses are designed to deliver outcomes that create real impact and inspire real change in the world around us. UC postgraduate courses are not only delivered online – they are career-relevant and designed-for-demand so you can apply your learning faster.
#1 in ACT for graduate employment1
#2 young university in Australia2
¹Good Universities Guide, 2021 ²Times Higher Education, 2021
Gain the foundations in legal studies to develop diverse and inclusive advocacy abilities and legal skills, while understanding the theory and history of law.
Problem prevention & problem solving
Learn practical legal problem-solving and dispute resolution skills, including evaluating responses to legal issues and solutions to legal problems.
Manage new worlds of technology, business and justice
Discover how the law engages with and shapes disruptive technologies, and understand the profession's broader social and economic contexts.